You can sew your own ring sling! This tutorial and video class is designed with information for those new to sewing carriers and can be sewn on most home sewing machines.
Baby ring slings are an easy to make baby carrier and a great way to keep your baby and children close, from full term birth to toddler years.
Featured as a 9 video class on Skillshare!
Available to purchase to download or stream as a video class or PDF tutorial.
The 14 page PDF tutorial will provide all the information you need to make a ring sling from sturdy fabric. Complete with pictures and diagrams, directions are provided for:
- choosing the length for your ring from 60″ (1.5m) to 90″ (2.4m)
- choosing gathered or floating for shoulder style
- determining appropriate fabric
- sewing the ring sling
Buy the PDF Tutorial Buy on Etsy
The Basic Class includes:
- How to sew a baby ring sling
- Fabric requirements and glossary
This option is designed for experienced beginners with an understanding of sewing terminology and basic techniques.
The upgrade to Tips and Style Options includes the basic class plus:
- Tips for cutting the large rectangle required
- Helpful sewing machine and tool tips
- Additional guidance for ring sling sizing
- Options for creating different shoulders and ring sling tail shapes
This option is suitable for those new to sewing. If you know the basics on how to operate your sewing machine, you can make a baby ring sling.
The Premium Course includes the basic class, tips and style options and also the written epattern tutorial which includes pictures of each step.
Fabrics need to be sturdy, bottom weight at least 9 oz in weight from natural fibers such as 100% cotton, linen or hemp blends. Suggested fabrics include twill, cotton duck, upholstery and other home decor fabrics. Decorative cotton fabric designed for quilting and crafts is not sturdy enough and may rip causing injury to a child if used for this purpose.