It’s a very straight forward pattern with an option for a top. I’ll admit I didn’t follow the directions though. I prefer to put in my sleeves flat and use a band for a neckline.
I wanted a long top, so I added 3 extra inches to the bottom of the shirt. I made the largest pattern size, and should have added to the hips as it is still tight so it does this funny roll up instead of laying flat.
I also added length to the sleeves hoping for 3/4 length and like the loose way they hung.
I wasn’t sure I would make a second shirt as the Briar Tee is a better fit on me, but after cutting out a white shirt for my son and leggings my daughter, it seemed easier to cut another Sunny than put the remnant away.
I decided to go down a size and cut at the top line. I left the side seams open for a few inches to get it to sit nicely over my hips. And left extra length on the sleeves. The white fabric is almost too stiff making a few weird things go on with the neckline. Plus some tunnelling on the hem when I got impatient with the double needle. But I think this will find a home under a blazer for work.